Currently two communication layers are provided.
- Named Pipes
- TCP is provided within the base VoltRpc library.
- TCP uses the .NET provided TcpListener and TcpClient.
- It has the most compatibly between systems.
- It is however the slowest as shown from the benchmarks.
It can be used with TCPClient and TCPHost classes.
Named Pipes is provided from the VoltRpc.Communication.Pipes NuGet package.
You can use the command below to install the package.
To install it, you can add it to your project's
csproj like so:
<ItemGroup> <PackageReference Include="VoltRpc.Communication.Pipes" Version="3.0.0" /> </ItemGroup>
- Pipes uses the .NET provided NamedPipeServerStream and NamedPipeClientStream.
- It is currently the fastest communication layer as shown from the benchmarks.
- However, some implementations such as Unity's mono may just throw NotImplementedException on certain platforms.
It can be used with PipesClient and PipesHost classes.