All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
[2.0.2] - 2023-05-29
- Added initial IME support
- Updated deps
- Updated CEF to 113.3.1
- Updated copyright year
- Updated embedded pages project
[2.0.1] - 2022-11-08
- Updated CEF to 106.1.1
- Fixed issue with stripped builds
- Fixed some keyboard stuff (on new input system)
- Fixed null reference error related to when engine fails to launch, but UWB has already been destroyed
[2.0.0] - 2022-10-18
- Added UNIX Support package
- Added Popup Handling
- Added disableAllControls, disableMouse and disableKeyboard
- Added project site (https://projects.voltstro.dev/UnityWebBrowser/)
- Updated CEF to 106.1.0
- Updated VoltRpc
- Use UniTask
- All base UWB components (other then custom input ones) are now built using
- Updated packages
- Base packages includes URLs for changelog and docs
- Improved disposing
- Improved performance massively
- Improved copying of files to output
- Improved readying
- Improved engine logging
- Improved copying of engine files at build
- Better IsReady & IsConnected checks
- Changed namespace to have
VoltstroStudios.at the start
- Changed Engine config stuff
- Changed input handling
- Inputs are handled by a scriptable object
- Changed events to be structs
- Changed the way the background colour was set
(Not every change in this version is listed here, there are so many)
[2.0.0-preview.3] - 2021-11-20
- Updated CEF to 95.7.18
- Updated VoltRpc to 1.2.0
- CEF engine uses .NET 6
- Should improve performance
- App doesn't self-extract on first start anymore
- Updated to use some newer APIs
- Updated shutting down stuff
[2.0.0-preview.2] - 2021-10-24
- Updated CEF to 95.7.10
- Use VoltRpc from UnityNuGet
- Events are executed as a task
- Improved Startup & Shutdown
- Texture is created at start of init with its colours set to background color.
- Engine processes location in build was changed from the plugins folder to a dedicated
- Default cache folder was changed to
- Updated XML docs
- Potential fix for URLs not loading sometimes
[2.0.0-preview.1] - 2021-09-09
- Support for multiple browser engines
- Progress bar when copying browser engine files
- Framework for support of multiple browser engines
- Added events for OnUrlChange, OnLoadStart, etc
- Added some Profile Markers
- Added support for IPC to use Pipes instead of TCP.
System.IO.Pipeshas a bad implementation in Unity's custom mono. Some platforms and configurations can result in named pipes to not work.
- Updated CEF to 93.1.11
- CefBrowserProcess was renamed to UnityWebBrowser.Engine.Cef
- Underlying IPC communication layer was replaced with VoltRpc
- This improves the performance of UWB
- Huge massive internal changes
- Most names of 'Cef Browser' were changed to
Heightproperties were merged into a custom
- Settings related to IPC was merged into a
- Linux version of the CEF browser engine doesn't require
- Linux version of the CEF browser will now used trimmed binaries (From 1.1GB to 160MB)
[1.6.3] - 2021-06-08
- Texture in WebBrowserClient will no longer be linear.
[1.6.2] - 2021-06-08
- Moved events to new UnityWebBrowser.Shared assembly.
- Added MessagePack serialization helper functions for IEventData to UnityWebBrowser.Shared
- Use auto-generated, IL2CPP compatible resolvers for IEventData.
[1.6.1] - 2021-06-06
- Updated package dependencies
- See updated README to see what you also need to install now.
- Fixed compile error when using new input system.
[1.6.0] - 2021-06-05
- Move to MessagePack for faster serialization.
- Renamed browser control methods in
WebBrowserClient.csand made them public.
- Newtonsoft.Json serialization.
[1.5.0] - 2021-06-04
- Added CHANGELOG.md